Monday, March 17, 2014

A week full of snafus...technological and otherwise.

During my interview process, I sometimes wonder if anyone ever really looks at my blog to see what I am up to.

I've had interviewers tell me they did look, which I really appreciate! However, if you are one of the one or two people who do possibly look at this blog, you may have noticed that it -- and my github account have both been very quiet over the last week or so.

I've had a week or so of my attention occupied with first a family emergency, then the untimely death of my hard drive, and the loss of everything I was currently working on, as well as the configuration of my system. Lessons learned: 1) not only should I back up, but I should back up often. 2) Next time, I am going with solid state.

On the upside, I now know how to change out the hard drive on my mac. I was able to upgrade it (with some help) to one terabyte and it runs like new!

Today, I have been getting my system all reconfigured, resetting passwords, downloading software and retrieving licenses...

Tomorrow I should be able to get to work!








No comments:

Post a Comment